2017 Toyota Sienna XLE vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Crystal Lake, IL
With so many minivans to choose from, how do you know which one is the best for your family? Don’t worry. Pauly Toyota in Crystal Lake, IL has got your back. Two of the most popular minivans for families are the 2017 Toyota Sienna and the 2016 Honda Odyssey, but which new model is the right choice to handle your to-do list? To find out which minivan comes out on top in regards to safety, accessibility, and performance, continue reading the details below.
If you’ve already decided the 2017 Toyota Sienna is right for your family, pick your new minivan from our vast Toyota inventory and take advantage of our competitive prices by checking the monthly incentives our Toyota dealership in Crystal Lake, IL offers.
2017 Toyota Sienna vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey: Safety
Driving with precious cargo means top-notch safety is an absolute must. The 2017 Toyota Sienna and the 2016 Honda Odyssey are almost on equal footing considering the numerous active and passive safety features offered for both. However, the new Toyota Sienna outranks the new Honda Odyssey because Toyota paid attention to the little details.
- Both have daytime running lights, but the LED lights of the new Toyota Sienna provide easier visibility.
- Safety Connect® roadside assistance and emergency is complementary for one year on the Sienna Limited, while the Honda Odyssey only offers roadside assistance.
- Both auto manufacturers offer the LATCH system, but Toyota’s received the GOOD+ top rating from the IIHS.
2017 Toyota Sienna XLE vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L: Interior Features
The 2017 Toyota Sienna and 2016 Honda Odyssey offer similar convenience features that make riding in a minivan great for everyone, which is why they are almost neck and neck in this category. Both have an adjustable second row, but the new Toyota Sienna one-ups the Honda Odyssey on entertainment and accessibility.
- The third row is easy to access thanks to the tip-up and forward-sliding second row, while the Honda Odyssey’s second row only slides forward.
- Listen to your favorite station and stay up-to-date in traffic and weather thanks to HD RadioTM
- There are accessibility options for the new Odyssey, but don’t extend and retract outside the vehicle like the new Sienna’s Auto Access Seat.
2017 Toyota Sienna XLE vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L: Performance
A family vehicle needs to be dependable, and the 2017 Toyota Sienna is exactly that. It outscores the 2016 Honda Odyssey in power and efficiency, which makes heading to and from family outings that much easier. The new Sienna XLE’s starting $38,520 MSRP is slightly higher, but Crystal Lake, IL drivers can’t go wrong with the 2017 Toyota minivan given the better overall driving experience.
|Toyota Sienna||Features||Honda Odyssey|
|296 HP||Horsepower||248 HP|
|263 lb.-ft.||Torque||250 lb.-ft.|
|Eight-speed automatic with ECT-i||Transmission||Six-speed automatic|
|150.0 cu.-ft./39.1 cu.-ft.||Cargo Volume (behind 1st row/ behind 3rd row)||148.5 cu.-ft./38.4 cu.-ft.|
|Macpherson front suspension, sport-tuned coil springs, gas shock absorbers||Suspension System||MacPherson front suspension and multi-link double wishbone rear suspension|
Schedule a Test Drive in the 2017 Toyota Sienna, Today!
Though our experts believe the 2017 Toyota Sienna takes the cake, the only way to know is to test-drive it for yourself. Making an appointment is easy. When you find “the one” from our inventory, call the friendly team at our Toyota dealership in Crystal Lake, IL at (888) 459-7100 or use our online form. We look forward to helping you!